On Sunday 24 April, history will be made as the millionth finisher crosses the line at the London Marathon. To mark this amazing milestone, we’re working on something special for every London Marathon finisher.
So if you’re #oneinamillion and don’t want to miss out, register your interest now. Plus, if you register by 24 April, we’ll enter you into our prize draw to win a fabulous trip to New York.
Win a Trip to New York
Register your interest in our plans to celebrate #oneinamillion before 24 April and as a thank you, we’ll automatically enter you into a prize draw for a chance to win a fabulous four-night stay in New York – courtesy of our friends at Virgin Holidays.
You and a guest will enjoy Premium Economy flights with Virgin Atlantic, and four nights at the Sheraton New York Times Square. You’ll be staying in the heart of Manhattan, just yards away from the action at Times Square. Take in the sights, the sounds and even a little shopping – we’ll throw in £1,000 spending money to make sure you have a good time.
And if you want to make the break running-themed but fancy a rest yourself, the lucky winner could choose to go in early November and watch the spectacular New York Marathon, which takes place on the 6th.Enter here
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
- Entry to the New York Prize Draw (“Prize Draw”) is open to all runners who have finished the London Marathon between 1981 and 2016, who are resident in the UK and are aged 18 or over.
- By entering the Prize Draw the entrant accepts the Promoter can take reasonable steps to verify that they have finished the London Marathon. If the Promoter is unable to verify an entrant they will not be eligible to enter the Prize Draw.
- Employees of Virgin Money, Virgin Holidays, their immediate family or anyone directly connected to the Prize Draw or operation of the Prize Draw are not eligible.
- The Prize Draw will open at 7am on 29 January 2016 and will close at midnight on 24 April 2016 (the “Entry Period”).
- All valid entries received within the Entry Period will be entered into the Prize Draw and one winning entry will be drawn independently and at random.
- To enter the Prize Draw entrants must register their interest in Virgin Money’s plans to celebrate the milestone of one million London Marathon finishers by completing this online form. Only one entry per person is permitted. Third party entries will not be accepted.
- The prize is for the winner and one guest (aged 18 or over) to travel to New York with Virgin Holidays and includes:
- a four-night stay at the Sheraton New York Times Square hotel sharing standard accommodation on a room only basis,
- £1000 spending money provided as a cheque, and
- return premium economy Virgin Atlantic flights from London Heathrow airport to New York JFK airport, and includes all applicable taxes and fuel surcharges to the maximum value of £4,400, which are correct at time of print and are subject to change (together the “Prize”).
- The Prize cannot be taken from 1 to 7 July 2016 and 18 November to 31 December 2016. The Prize must be redeemed before 31 March 2017. Weekend and peak season supplements may apply. The booking dates are subject to availability and Virgin Holiday’s standard terms and conditions will apply to the booking. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer, promotion or discount including the Frequent Virgin Club and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club unless otherwise stated.
- The winner will be responsible for meeting any additional costs associated with the Prize including, but not limited to, travel to and from the London Heathrow airport, travel to and from New York JFK airport and the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, holiday insurance and meeting any United States Visa requirements.
- This Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-negotiable and cannot be sold or auctioned and must be taken within the specified travel dates.
- Any person found in breach of these terms will be disqualified from the Prize Draw. No cash or other alternatives available in whole or in part, except in the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter.The Promoter’s decision is final.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer a suitable alternative of equal or greater value. The Promoter reserves the right to (i) withdraw the Prize Draw (ii) cancel or change the Prize Draw (iii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iv) amend these terms and conditions at any time if circumstances make this necessary.
- The winner will be notified by email, using the contact details provided on the online form, by 6 May 2016. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner. However, if the winner has not responded to the email notification within 21 days, or if a selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the Prize for any other reason the Prize will be forfeited and no compensation given. The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the same process referred to above in these terms and conditions, but is not obliged to do so. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failed delivery due to provision of incorrect contact details provided by entrants. The winner’s personal information will be used to administer the Prize Draw.
- The winner agrees to allow the Promoter to confirm their name and county of residence to other entrants. The winner’s county of residence and name will be available upon request by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: New York Prize Draw, Marketing Team, Virgin Money plc, 1 Eagle Place, London SW1Y 6AF.
- Entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not Facebook. By entering this Prize Draw, you release Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the Prize Draw. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Prize Draw must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
- The Prize Draw is subject to English law. Events may occur which render the Prize Draw itself or the awarding of the Prize impossible due to reasons beyond our control and, accordingly, we may in our absolute discretion vary or amend the Prize Draw and you agree that no liability shall attach to us as a result thereof.
- Offers valid for the relevant division of the Virgin Holidays Group only, for definition visit www.virginholidays.co.uk/ourfamily. ATOL protected (2358) and ABTA (V2043) for Virgin Holidays, (J1138) / (W9716) for Virgin Holidays Cruise.
- The Promoter of this Prize Draw is Virgin Money plc. Our company number is 06952311. Our registered office is at Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL. Facebook are not the promoter of this Prize Draw. This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with, Facebook.