At Virgin Money, we’ve always believed in making people feel good and in 2016 we did just that…
- This summer we surprised 50 lucky customers with ultimate hampers.
- We brought out the rebellious edge for some of our cards customers who were turning 40 with signed Sex Pistols merchandise.
- We even brought the mixtape back into fashion with our 80’s retro gifts for some lucky cassette card fans.
And our Credit Card customers have been enjoying them!
We had great fun delighting our customers with random acts of kindness – and we can’t wait to do it all again in 2017.
So to mark Random Acts of Kindness Day on 17 February, we’re giving Virgin Money Credit Card customers the chance to nominate someone special to receive a great surprise from us.
Is there someone in your life who’s always there when you need them or deserves a special unexpected treat? Well we want to hear about them!
If you’ve got that special person in mind then here’s what you need to do!
Please remember when nominating not to include any account details of your own or personal details of the nominee that they may not wish to share.
Nominations now closed.
All done? Great leave the rest to us and we might just be in contact if your nomination has been chosen.
Nominations now closed.
Terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions.
1. Who can make a nomination?
- Virgin Money Credit Card primary and additional account holders.
- Virgin Money employees cannot enter.
- Anyone directly connected to the Competition or operation of the Competition cannot enter.
2. When can you make a nomination?
- The nomination period will open at 9:00am on Tuesday 24 January 2017 and will close at 11:59pm on Monday 30 January 2017 (“the nomination period”).
3. How do you make a nomination?
- You can nominate someone (your “nominee”) to receive the Prize by sending an email to email@example.com and providing the following information:
- Your full name;
- Telephone number so we can contact you;
- The name of your nominee;
- What Town/City the nominee lives in;
- Any interests or hobbies that your nominee has (for example, spa days, weekend breaks, fast cars, adventure or fine dining); and
- Why your nominee deserves a random act of kindness.
- You can make as many nominations as you like but you can only nominate each person once.
4. Who can you nominate?
- Your nominee must be a UK resident aged 18 or over at the time of nomination.
- Your nominee must be an individual (so you cannot nominate charities, businesses or other organisations).
- With your nominee’s permission, we would like to award the Prize in person so your nominee should be available to receive the Prize in the UK in person at a pre-agreed time between 9am to 6pm from 6 February 2017 to 10 February 2017.
5. How will the winners be selected?
- All valid entries received within the entry period will be entered into the Competition and up to five winners will be chosen at our sole discretion from all qualifying entrants.
6. What is the Prize?
- The Prize is a Virgin Experience Day up to the value of £1,000 for your nominee chosen at our sole discretion using the information you told us about your nominee (“the Prize”).
- The Prize will be awarded in person to each winner’s nominee at a pre-agreed time between 9am to 6pm from 6 February 2017 to 10 February 2017. If we are unable to award the Prize in person for any reason, we may, at our sole discretion, send the Prize to your nominee by post to an address provided by you or your nominee.
- The Prize is non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered. The Prize is subject to further terms and conditions which will be confirmed when it is awarded.
7. How will you know if your nomination has won?
- If your nomination has won, we will contact you by telephone or email using the details provided by you on 31 January 2017.
- You must confirm that you want to accept the Prize on behalf of your nominee on or before 3 February 2017 otherwise the Prize may be forfeited. If the Prize is forfeited, we reserve the right to select an alternative winner using the same process (although we are not obliged to do so).
- When confirming that you accept the Prize on behalf of your nominee, you will need to:
- Agree to be filmed talking about your nominee at a suitable location in the UK either when we award the Prize or at another time between 9am to 6pm from 6 February 2017 to 10 February 2017. The video may be used for promotional reasons (including sharing it on social media) and we will supply further terms and conditions about this to you when we tell you that your nomination has won. You will need to agree to those terms and conditions for the Prize to be awarded to your nominee; and
- Provide us with contact details of your nominee so that we can contact them about receiving the Prize. By providing us with your nominee’s contact details, you confirm that you have their permission to share them with us for this purpose. Alternatively, we can provide our contact details for your nominee to get in touch with us. We will need to be able to speak with your nominee before 6 February 2017 so we can arrange how the Prize will be awarded.
8. What else do you need to know?
- Any personal information you provide to us will be used to administer the Competition and award the Prize. You should ensure that you have permission from your nominee to share any of their personal information with us. You should not include any of your account details and you should remember that email is not a completely secure way of communicating.
- We would like to film your nominee when we award the Prize and use the video for promotional reasons (including sharing it on social media). Your nominee will be asked for permission for this before we award the Prize and they are not obliged to agree in order to receive the Prize.
- We will not be responsible for travel, accommodation or any other expenses incurred by you (including if you decide to travel to see us award the Prize to your nominee).
- We accept no responsibility for the failed delivery of the Prize or our notifications to you due to the provision of incorrect contact details or information provided by you.
- The winners agree to allow Virgin Money to confirm their name and county of residence to other entrants.
- You can request the winners’ names and counties of residence by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Virgin Money Credit Cards team, Virgin Money, Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL.
- The Competition is subject to English law.
- Events may occur which render the Competition itself or the awarding of the Prize(s) or part of the Prize(s) impossible due to reasons beyond our control and, accordingly, we may in our absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and you agree that no liability shall attach to us as a result thereof.
9. Who is the promoter?
- We are Virgin Money plc.
- Our company number is 06952311.
- Our registered office is at Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL.- Our registered office is at Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL.