Do you stuff your t-shirts in your shoes? Roll all your clothes up into one bundle? Or just chuck it all in and sit on top to squish it down? If you’re an expert suitcase packer (or not, how would you know without this awesome challenge?!) then come and join us in our Lounges and compete to be a Guinness World Record holder as well as win a luxury holiday in Barbados.
We are on the hunt for the country’s best packers, working our way through London, Norwich, Manchester and Glasgow to find our 4 finalists who will battle it out in an epic fight for the top spot. If you fancy celebrating your new World Record title (*updates business cards immediately*) by sunning yourself in Barbados at the luxury Sea Breeze Beach House then get packing!
Re-opening in December 2017 following a multi-million dollar transformation, the new Sea Breeze Beach House is a unique, premium-branded all-inclusive resort. With 122 rooms & suites, 4 bars and 6 dining experiences, the resort is situated on a magnificent 1000ft stretch of white sand beach located on the South Coast of Barbados.
The Pack it in 45 tour dates:
- 10 Castle Street, Norwich, NR2 1PD: 2nd August – 4th August
- 98 King Street, Manchester, M2 4WU: 7th August – 10th August
- 145-147 Queen Street, Glasgow, G1 3BJ: 14th August – 17th August
- 30-31 Haymarket, London, SW1Y 4EX: 14th August – 18th August
Look out for us at the Edinburgh Fringe on the 18th August and win some vouchers to spend at the fabulous Half Price Hut. You’ll find us at St Andrews Square.
Ready, steady, pack your bags!
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
Pack it in 45
Who can enter?
- The Competition is open to all UK residents who are aged 18 or over at the date of entry.
- Employees of Virgin Money cannot enter.
- Anyone directly connected to the Competition or operation of the Competition cannot enter.
When can you enter?
- You can enter the Competition by attending one of the selected Virgin Money Lounges during the opening hours on the dates listed below.
- The 4 finalists will take part in a final event on the 27th August 2017.
How do you enter?
- You can enter the Competition by attending the “Pack it in 45” stand at the following Virgin Money Lounges on these dates:
- Norwich 1st August – 4th August
- Manchester 7th August – 10th August
- Glasgow 14th August – 17th August
- London Haymarket 14th August – 18th August
where you will have the opportunity to pack a suitcase against the clock.
- You can only enter once per day.
- You cannot enter on behalf of anyone else.
How will the winner be selected?
- The 4 fastest timed packers from across all Lounges will be invited to take part in the final event at Virgin Money’s Haymarket Lounge, London, on 27th August 2017. The finalist who packs the suitcase the fastest at the final event will be selected as the Winner and notified on the day.
- Finalists will be contacted by the 19th August 2017 and must respond with their acceptance to attend the final event by the 23rd August 2017
- Finalists will have transport, and accommodation if required (at Virgin Money’s discretion), paid for by Virgin Money to enable them to attend the final event. No transport or accommodation will be provided for accompanying guests.
What is the prize?
- 7 night stay for the Winner and one adult guest in a Classic Ocean View Room at the Sea Breeze Beach House in Barbados on an all-inclusive basis including economy return flights to and from London Gatwick (LGW) and Grantley Adams International Airport (BGI) (the “Prize”).
- The Prize is subject to availability and standard booking terms and conditions. For full details please see virginholidays.co.uk/important/terms-and-conditions. Economy flights provided as part of the prize cannot be upgraded and air miles cannot be collected.
- Travel insurance is not included. Additional nights or adults/children will be charged at standard retail flight and accommodation rates. The flights and accommodation must be used in one trip. Dates are subject to availability.
- Blackout dates where travel is not permitted include 1 August to 10 August 2018. The prize must be booked with Virgin Holidays directly and the prize must be taken between 10 April 2018 and 10 December 2018.
- The Winner will receive an email from Virgin Holidays, the tour operator partner, by 8th September 2017 with full details about how to make the booking. The Winner will be solely responsible for making the arrangements with Virgin Holidays in order to redeem their Prize. Failure to follow the instructions, meet the booking date or to make a reservation will result in the Prize being forfeited. The Winner has until 18th September 2017 to accept their Prize before it will be reassigned to a new winner.
- The Prize is non-transferable and non-negotiable. There are no cash alternatives and the Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer.
- Once dates are confirmed there will be an administration fee payable by the Winner for any changes made to the reservation by the Winner.
Other Legal Terms
- The Winner’s booking is accepted on the understanding that in the unlikely event of an overbooking at your chosen hotel, priority will be given to full revenue bookings, in which event you may be offered alternative dates or hotel.
- The Winner and their guest are solely responsible for their own passports, visas and insurance requirements, any vaccinations or other travel costs or expenses not expressly included in the Prize (including but not limited to transfers, spending money, tips and domestic transport).
- The Winner will be solely responsible for paying any relevant local taxes. Any such local taxes or extra charges not stated in the “Prize” are the Winner’s responsibility and shall be payable at check-in or as required. Credit card details may be required by the hotel upon check-in to cover incidentals during the stay.
- The Prize is also subject to booking availability of Virgin Holiday’s and the airline’s standard terms and booking conditions.
- The Winners are also solely responsible for paying any supplementary meal or drink choices, spa treatments and personal expenditure.
- The Winner and guest are responsible for complying with all travel and health requirements and recommendations for the country of destination.
- Publicity: We reserve the right to publish the Winner’s name and county in any materials relating to this Competition, whether printed or via digital channels including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Blog platforms.
- We shall comply with all relevant data protection legislation.
- Our decision is binding in all matters and discussion in relation to our decisions shall not be entered into.
- The Winner agrees to comply with all reasonable requirements of the hotel, airline and any other partner organisations involved in the administration of this Competition and the Prize.
- We provide no warranty or guarantee in relation to the Prize. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from entrants’ entry in the competition or from the Winner’s enjoyment of the Prize.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions as required. Please retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your reference.
What else do you need to know?
- Your personal information will be used to administer the Competition.
- At the time of entry you will be asked to sign a model release form giving us permission to use the content from your attempt. This will state:
- I permit Virgin Money and its licences or assignees to show the film as and where they wish, and/or any photograph, reproduction or adaptation thereof either complete or in part, alone or in conjunction with any wording and/or drawings for all advertising and editorial purposes in connection with the above product or service, in all media, in any part of the world, in perpetuity.
- I understand I will not receive any compensation or benefit for being filmed in the commercial campaign named above.
- You may be asked but are not under an obligation to participate in non-paid publicity.
- The Winner agrees to allow Virgin Money to confirm their name and county of residence to other entrants.
- You can request the Winner’s name and county of residence by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Pack it in 45, Virgin Money plc, 1 Eagle Place, 5th floor, London SW1Y 6AF
- The Competition is subject to English law.
- Events may occur which render the Competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond our control and, accordingly, we may in our absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and you agree that no liability shall attach to us as a result thereof.
Who is the promoter?
- We are Virgin Money plc.
- Our company number is 06952311.
- Our registered office is at Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL.