The Edinburgh Fringe is bursting at the seams this year. Looking at the figures below, you could be quite busy in August.
- Total number of Fringe Shows : 3,398
- Number of venues: 300
- Expected performances: 53,232
- Countries represented: 62
- International countries: 58
- Number of free shows: 686
- Pay what you want shows: 215
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival Premiers: 1,683
As you may have seen in the Fringe programme there are quite a few different genres of entertainment. Here’s a look at this years genres by percentage.
Fringe shows’ genres by percentage
- Cabaret and variety: 4%
- Children’s Shows: 4%
- Comedy: 35% (you’re having a laugh!)
- Dance, Circus and Physical theatre: 4%
- Events: 3%
- Exhibitions: 1%
- Music: 14%
- Musicals and Opera: 3%
- Spoken Word: 3%
- Theatre: 28%
**The figures below were all correct as the date of the Fringe Programme launch but may have altered depending on cancellations and no shows.