Think you’ve missed your chance to run in the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon? Think again. Among the 386,050 people who applied for this year’s race, we’re giving our Virgin Money Credit Card customers the chance to win a place on the start line. You can claim this for yourself, or donate the place to a registered Virgin Money Giving charity of your choice.
Maybe you’ve run it before and want to beat your time, or you’ve never run before and want to tick it off your bucket list. Or simply, there’s a charity that is close to your heart that you want to help, well we’ve got the competition for you.
So, tell us, what songs would get you in the mood to run a 26.2 mile race? To be in with a chance to be a part of this amazing event, we’re asking you to share the 3 songs that motivate you the most when you’re running.
Whether it’s ‘The Final Countdown’ or ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ that gets your feet moving, we’ll be choosing our favourite selection on the 12th January. All you have to do is head over to our Facebook page, submit your choices in the comments section between the 9th and 12th January and you’ll be one step closer to the start line of the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
Virgin Money London Marathon 2018 – Competition
1. Who can enter?
- All Virgin Money Credit Cardholders.
- Anyone directly connected to the competition or operation of the competition cannot enter.
2. When can you enter?
- The entry period will open at 11:00 AM on Tuesday 9th January 2018 and will close at 09:00 AM on Friday 12th January 2018. (“the entry period”).
3. How do you enter?
- To enter you must leave a comment in the comments section on the Facebook post, sharing your top 3 motivational songs to run to.
- You can only enter once.
- You cannot enter on behalf of anyone else.
- You must be a Virgin Money Credit Card customer.
4. How will the winner be selected?
- We will select the winner based on our favourite selection of songs.
5. What is the Prize?
- The prize is a place in the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon – this can either be claimed by the selected winner or they can donate the place to a registered Virgin Money Giving charity of their choice.
- The price is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winners will be responsible for meeting any additional costs associated with the Virgin Money London Marathon Prize; travel and accommodation is not provided.
- The winners’ place must be registered by Monday 22nd January 2018.
6. How do you know if you have won?
- We will notify the winners by Wednesday 12th January 2018 using the email address or telephone number provided by the cardholder.
- Should the winner not respond, Virgin Money reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the same process but is not obliged to do so.
7. What else do you need to know?
- Virgin Money will use your personal information to administer the competition (including sharing the winners’ details with Virgin Money and The London Marathon).
- The winners agree to allow Virgin Money to confirm their names and counties of residence to other entrants.
- You can request the winners’ names and counties of residence by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Virgin Money ‘London Marathon Competition’, Virgin Money, Gorse Stacks House, George Street, Chester, CH1 3EQ.
- The Prize Draw is subject to English law.
- Events may occur which render the Prize Draw itself or the awarding of the prize/s impossible due to reasons beyond Virgin Money’s control and, accordingly, Virgin Money may in its absolute discretion vary or amend the initiative and you agree that no liability shall attach to Virgin Money as a result thereof.
8. Who is the promoter?
- The promoter is Virgin Money plc (company number 06952311 and registered office at Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL).
- Virgin Money plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.