We are delighted to announce our placement on the Stonewall’s Top 100 Employers list, the definitive list showcasing the best employers for lesbian, gay, bi and trans colleagues.
The list is compiled from submissions to the Workplace Equality Index, a powerful benchmarking tool used by employers to create inclusive workplaces. Now in its fourteenth year, the list celebrates the pioneering efforts of leading organisations to create inclusive workplaces.
As part of our Diversity & Inclusion agenda we set up our Affinity Pride Network who have delivered an LGBT+ programme of activity for all colleagues. The work carried out has been vital in progressing our business into a fully inclusive workplace, educating, informing and supporting colleagues by delivering a suite of activity and support in the LGBT+ space including:
- Internal awareness events, inviting speakers into the business to share their own experiences
- Set up of Virgin Money LGBT+ Allies guide
- Arranged social and networking events for all colleagues
- Social Media support and promotion of our own work along with external LGBT+ social media activity
- Participation in Pride events up and down the country including sponsorship of the VIP & Gold Circle Areas at Northern Pride
- Our Stores and Lounges supported local Prides from joining the marches to hosting a pre pride gathering for the Scouts in our Manchester Lounge
- Regular Affinity Pride Newsletter to promote our work around the LGBT+ agenda, historical articles of interest and current LGBT+ worldwide news
- Produced and delivered the Virgin Money Trans Guide for the business
- Affinity Group worked closley with our Credit Crad Team to deliver our new Rainbow Credit Card
- Worked with other companies to share and listen to best practice in the LGBT+ space
Jayne-Anne Gadhia, Chief Executive Officer, Virgin Money, said:
We are delighted to be recognised in the Stonewall LGBT+ top 100 employer index. We will continue to create an inclusive work environment for all and work hard to ensure every colleague feels equally valued and able to thrive at Virgin Money”.
At Virgin Money, we believe passionately in diversity, equality and love. These are core values to the Virgin Brand and something we at Virgin Money try to live by through both our internal and external actions.
Darren Towers, Executive Director, Stonewall said:
Virgin Money have done a fantastic job. Taking part in our Index shows real commitment to understanding and advancing LGBT equality. This year, for the first time, the Index looked at what employers were doing for trans equality in the workplace. This work is crucial. We recently published LGBT in Britain: Trans Report, which revealed the profound inequality facing trans people in Britain today. Half of trans people have hidden their identity at work for fear of discrimination. This must change and it’s encouraging to see so many organisations make a commitment to trans equality. With their support and hard work we can create a world where all lesbian, gay, bi and trans employees are welcomed and accepted without exception.