Each year, to celebrate the end of the Edinburgh International Festival, the city puts on one of the most spectacular event of the whole year; the Virgin Money Fireworks Concert. The night boasts a sky full of remarkable fireworks, timed perfectly to a full orchestral performance from the Scottish Chamber Orchestra – it really has to be seen to be believed.
And this year, you could be there! We’re giving away tickets to be there in Princes Street Gardens on the night and all you have to do is find the person with the red umbrella.
How to win
On Thursday 23 August and Friday 24 August, we will position ourselves strategically somewhere in Edinburgh city centre clutching some fireworks tickets in one hand and a red umbrella in the other. All you need to do is look out for clues on our twitter account, and then come and find us with the codeword “waterfall”.
Terms and Condition can be found at the bottom of this article but we need to make you aware of the following information.
- Your personal information will be used to administer the Competition.
- If you win, we would love to share your name and picture on social media although not mandatory. We’ll ask you before we do this though. If you give consent you won’t be paid.
- The winner agrees to allow Virgin Money to confirm their name and county of residence to other entrants.
- You can request the winners’ names and counties of residence by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Fireworks Ticket Giveaway, Marketing, Virgin Money plc, 28 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh, EH2 1AF. This can be requested for up to 60 days after the competition closes.
- The Competition is subject to English law.
- Events may occur which render the Competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond our control and, accordingly, we may in our absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and you agree that no liability shall attach to us as a result thereof.
Terms and conditions apply.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
1. Who can enter?
- The winner of each pair of tickets must be over 18 years of age.
- Employees of Virgin Money cannot enter.
- Anyone directly connected to the Competition or operation of the Competition cannot enter.
2. How do you enter?
- Entry is by finding our Virgin Money umbrella in Edinburgh city centre and saying the codeword “waterfall”
- There will be two entry periods, one on each of Thursday 23 August and Friday 24 August.
- The eight people to find the person with the umbrella will win.
- Clues to the umbrella’s whereabouts will be given out each day.
- One entry is permitted per person
3. What is the prize?
- The Prize is one pair of tickets to watch the Edinburgh International Festival Virgin Money Fireworks Concert in Princes Street Gardens on Monday 28 August.
- There is no reserved seating at the event so arriving early is advised.
- No accommodation or transport is included so you must be planning to be in Edinburgh on Monday 27 August.
- The Prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
4. What else do you need to know?
- The Winners agree to allow Virgin Money to confirm their names and counrty of residence to other entrants.
- You can request the Winners’ names and country of residence by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Marketing, Virgin Money plc, 28 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh, EH2 1AF
- The Prize Draw is subject to English law.
- Events may occur which render the Prize Draw itself or the awarding of the Prize(s) impossible due to reasons beyond our control and, accordingly, we may in our absolute discretion vary or amend the Prize Draw and you agree that no liability shall attach to us as a result thereof.
- All rules of the Edinburgh International Festival Fireworks Concert must be adhered to.
5. Who is the promoter?
- We are Virgin Money plc.
- Our company number is 06952311.
- Our registered office is at Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL
- This competition is being run by Virgin Money and not by the Edinburgh International Festival or the Scottish Chamber Orchestra.
- Facebook are not the promoter of this Competition. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with, Facebook