This could be your last chance to get a place in the 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon.
We’ve got 5 guaranteed entries available and to be in with a chance of taking to the start line on the 28 April 2019 we just want to see a photo of yourself in your post run celebration pose.
The perfect target for your New Year fitness challenge, or an opportunity to tick it off your bucket list, but you need to be quick. Post your celebration photos in reply to one of our social media posts before 23:00 on 6 January to be in with a chance.
Does your New Year New You need a @LondonMarathon shaped challenge in April? To enter, reply to this tweet with a photo of your best post-run celebration pose. T&Cs apply. 18+ Prize draw. Ends 23:00 6 Jan 2019. https://t.co/UaLvTYoLcR #CelebrationPose pic.twitter.com/6APF6EWY8S
— Virgin Money (@VirginMoney) January 3, 2019
You can find the terms and conditions of the competition at the bottom of this page and we also need to make you aware that we will need you to confirm your name, postal address and email address in order for us to provide the prize.
Prize Draw terms and conditions
Prize Draw terms and conditions
– The promoter of the Virgin Money London Marathon places promotion (the “Promotion”) is Virgin Money plc. (the “Promoter”). Virgin Money plc. is registered in England under company number: 06952311, and has its registered office at Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL.
– The prize draw is open to all UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over, excluding any of the following: employees of the Promoter or their immediate family, agents of the Promoter or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
– The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. There is no requirement to be a Virgin Money customer to enter). Internet access and a Facebook or Twitter account will be needed to enter.
How to Enter
– The Promoter will make promotional posts about the prize draw between 00:01 2nd January 2019 and 23:00 6th January 2019 (the “Entry Period”) on:
• the Virgin Money Facebook page, (https://www.facebook.com/VirginMoneyUK/)
• the Virgin Money Twitter page (https://twitter.com/VirginMoney, handle @VirginMoney)
-To enter, participants must post a photo of themselves in a post-run “celebration pose” in response to our promotional posts. Participants using Facebook to submit an entry need to post their photo within the comments section of our promotional post. Participants using Twitter to submit an entry need to reply tweet their photo in response to our promotional tweet. Participants must make their entries before the Entry Period ends.
– Each person can each enter the prize draw up to a maximum of two times. Participants can do this by submitting the following entries:
• 1x entry from their Facebook account in response to our first Virgin Money Facebook page promotional post;
• 1x entry from their Twitter account in response to our Virgin Money Twitter account promotional post;
Participants don’t need to post different photos for each entry.
– All valid entries will be entered into the prize draw. 1 entry equals one place in the prize draw.
– Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
– These prize draws are free to enter for eligible entrants, no purchase is necessary. Internet access and a Facebook or Twitter account will be needed to enter.
– There will be a total of five prize winners. Maximum 1 prize per person. The winners will be selected by a random draw on 7th January after the Entry Period ends.
– The winners will be contacted on 7th January. Each winner will have 2 days from the date when their winner message is sent on Facebook or Twitter to claim their prize. If any winner cannot be contacted for any reason, such as not providing valid contact details, or if they don’t claim their prize within the required timeframe, they will no longer be eligible for that prize. Another winner will be selected by a random computer generated draw, from all remaining valid entries made into that same prize draw.
– The winners will be required to provide their full name, date of birth, address, email address and phone number to claim their prizes.
– No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries or claims which, for technical or other reasons, are not entered, not entered correctly or lost, regardless of cause.
– There will be 5 winners in total for this competition.
– The winners will each win one place into the 2019 Virgin Money London Marathon, which takes place on 28th April 2019. The place cannot be deferred to future years. No travel, accommodation or other incidental expenses are included in the prizes.
– Winners will receive advance instructions from the Promoter or its agents / suppliers as to how event places should be collected. Failure to collect and present the places in accordance with those instructions may result in entry being refused.
– The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice. In this instance the Promoter will make all reasonable endeavours to minimise the effect to participants to avoid undue disappointment.
– The prizes are as stated and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services. Unless specifically agreed in writing by the Promoter, a prize must be taken by the winner in person.
– The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the identity of each winner. The Promoter reserves the right to investigate any activity it believes to be of a fraudulent nature and to disqualify any participants that it believes are carrying out fraudulent activity or otherwise seeking to circumvent these Terms and Conditions.
– The winners must adhere to the terms of the Virgin Money London Marathon: https://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/general-conditions-entry/
– This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter are not responsible to entrants in respect of any aspect of this Promotion. By entering the prize draw, entrants are providing information to the Promoter and its third party associates contracted for the purpose of administering this prize draw (where identified in these Terms and Conditions) and not to Facebook or Twitter.
– Owing to exceptional circumstances outside the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend the prize draws or these Terms and Conditions at any stage and without notice, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on entrants to avoid undue disappointment. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in connection with such a decision.
– The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of any of the prize draw, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
– To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not, in any circumstances, be responsible or liable to compensate any person in connection with the prize draw or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of the prize draw or taking up a prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Statutory rights are not affected.
– The names and locations of the winners will be available to anyone who writes to Social Media Team, Virgin Money, 1 Eagle Place, London SW1Y 6AF within 28 days of the end of the Entry Period. No other correspondence will be entered into regarding the prize winners.
– The winners may be asked but are not under an obligation to participate in non-paid publicity.
– This prize draw is governed by English law and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.