No matter where in the UK you live, you could be enjoying the epic final weekend of the Edinburgh Festivals in style with our competition – simply by showing or telling us that you’re a huge fan of performing arts.
With the Edinburgh International Festival, the Edinburgh Book Festival, the Edinburgh Film Festival and, of course, the biggest arts festival in the world – the Edinburgh Festival Fringe – Edinburgh really is the place to be during July and August. If you’re a fan of comedy, music, dance, theatre, cabaret (or even pyrotechnics), then there’s something there to entertain you. So if this sounds like your thing, prove it and you could be here!
Head over to our social media and leave a comment on the relevant Facebook post or tweet a reply to the relevant tweets showing us a picture of you outside your favourite UK arts venue, seeing your favourite act, or simply tell us why this is the experience for you and you could win;
- Two nights’ city centre accommodation in Edinburgh on 25 and 26 August
- £100 Edinburgh Festival Fringe vouchers so you and a guest can see the Fringe show of your choice (or stock up on merchandise!)
- Two tickets to be front centre at the incredible Virgin Money fireworks concert on Monday 26 August
- £200 towards travel
Show us why you should win
If you feel like you should really, really be enjoying the last epic weekend of Edinburgh’s festivals, then head over to our social media and tell us why it should be you.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. Who can enter?
- All UK residents aged 16 or over
- Employees of Virgin Money cannot enter
- Anyone directly connected to the Competition or operation of the Competition cannot enter
2. When can you enter?
- The entry period will open at on 2 August 2019 and will close at 23:59 on 14 August 2019.
3. How do you enter?
- To enter the competition you will need to post a photo of yourself enjoying some form of performing arts or an explanation as to why you should win this competition relating to performing arts
- The entry must be left as a comment on the relevant Facebook post or tweeted as a reply to the relevant @VirginMoney tweets.
- You must seek permission from everyone included in the photo before entering the photo into the competition.
- We will only count one entry from each person.
- You may not enter on behalf of anyone else.
4. How will the winner be selected?
- All valid entries received within the entry period will be entered into the Competition and we will select a winner.
5. What is the prize?
- Two nights in a double room in Edinburgh city centre accommodation on 25 and 26 August. The hotel will be chosen and booked by Virgin Money.
- £100 Edinburgh Festival Fringe vouchers
- Two tickets for the Edinburgh International Festival Virgin Money fireworks concert on Monday 26 August in the Ross Theatre seating
- £200 towards travel. Travel will be booked by the winner and all responsibility for this is undertaken by the winner. If travel does not cost the full £200, the winner is entitled to spend this how he or she chooses.
- No aspect of the prize is amendable or transferable
6. How do you know if you have won?
- We will notify the winner by 15 August July 2019 via social media.
- The winner will be given a time limit to accept the prize. If the winner’s reply comes outside of that time frame, we will select a runner up.
- The winner will need to provide names of their guest by 16 August 2019.
- Virgin Money reserves the right to select an alternative winner(s) using the same process but is not obliged to do so.
7. What else do you need to know?
- Your personal information will be used to administer the Competition.
- You agree that any personal information provided can be used by us to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- This may include information about other firms’ products although we will not disclose your personal information to any third party.
- You may be asked but are not under an obligation to participate in non-paid publicity.
- The winner agrees to allow Virgin Money to confirm their name and county of residence to other entrants.
- You can request the winner’s name and county of residence by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Epic Edinburgh Festivals competition, Virgin Money plc, Lindisfarne 2nd floor, Jubilee House, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE3 4PL.
- You understand and agree that you are providing your information to us and not Facebook.
- By entering this Competition, you release Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the Competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to us, not Facebook. The Competition is subject to English law.
- Events may occur which render the Competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond our control and, accordingly, we may in our absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and you agree that no liability shall attach to us as a result thereof.
8. Who is the promoter?
- We are Virgin Money plc. Our company number is 06952311. Our registered office is at Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL.
- Facebook are not the promoter of this Competition.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with, Facebook.