At CYBG and Virgin Money we recognise the importance of building a bank where everyone can feel comfortable and happy. The mental health and wellbeing of our staff is absolutely fundamental to achieving this ambition.
Today, we’re proud to announce we have signed up to the Mental Health at Work Commitment (MHAW) alongside a host of other businesses striving to be the best employers they can be.
Composed of six standards developed by mental health organisations, leading employers and trade organisations via the Thriving at Work Leadership Council, the MHAW enables us to adopt a framework to promote the long-term positive mental health of our colleagues across the organisation. The standards mean we are committed to:
- Prioritising mental health in the workplace by developing and delivering a systematic programme of activity
- Proactively ensuring work design and organisational culture drive positive mental health outcomes
- Promoting an open culture around mental health
- Increasing organisational confidence and capability
- Providing mental health tools and support
- Increasing transparency and accountability through internal and external reporting
It’s essential that all colleagues work in a safe, healthy and secure environment, one which encourages fulfilment and improved wellbeing. With that in mind, we’ve evolved our wellbeing strategy under four pillars: mind, body, finance and family, and we take a holistic view of each colleague’s individual requirements.
Collectively, these initiatives are helping us work towards creating an environment which fosters a happy and healthy workforce. However, we know there is more work to be done. Our most valuable asset is our people and as such, we will continue to explore and implement changes across the organisation as part of an ongoing process to ensure all of our colleagues are able to thrive in their roles at CYBG and Virgin Money.
To find out more about MHAW or to sign up as an employer, please visit www.mentalhealthatwork.org.uk/committment.