We’ve got our hands on one of the biggest musical prizes on the planet and with all this festive spirit floating about, we have decided to give it away on social media this Christmas.
We are giving away a pair of tickets to see the one and only Elton John at the SSE Hydro in Glasgow on 24 November 2020 and that’s not all. We’re even booking your travel and accommodation – we told you it was an amazing present!
How to enter
To be in with a chance of winning tell us about your finishing touches – or show us by sharing a picture – that help you ‘Step into Christmas’ within the comments of the Elton John Competition Facebook post. If Facebook isn’t your thing, you can also enter by replying or sharing your photo with us on twitter or by leaving us a comment or tagging us in a photo in Instagram.
We’ll be picking the winner at random from all the eligible entries, and will notify the winners by 3 January.
You can find the terms and conditions of the competition at the bottom of this page and we also need to make you aware of the following information:
- We will need you to confirm your name and email address in order for us to provide the tickets.
- If you win, we’d love to announce it on Social Media. We’ll ask you for your consent first.
- If you allow us to announce that you have won the competition on Social, but later change your mind, we can remove the post for you. To request that, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and conditions are below.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
1. Who can enter?
- All UK residents aged 16 or over
- Employees of Virgin Money cannot enter
- Anyone directly connected to the Competition or operation of the Competition cannot enter
2. When can you enter?
- The entry period will open at 12pm on 16 December 2019 and will close at 23:59 on 26 December 2019.
3. How do you enter?
- To enter the competition you will share a comment that tells us what your finishing touches are to help you feel ready for Christmas.
- The comment must be posted within the comments of the Elton John Competition Facebook post or as a reply to the competition post on Twitter and Instagram.
- We will only accept one entry from each person.
- You cannot enter on behalf of anyone else.
4. How will the winner be selected?
- All valid entries received within the entry period will be entered into the Competition and the winner will be chosen at random.
5. What is the prize?
- Two Hydro Club tickets to see Elton John in concert on 24 November 2020.
- Travel within the UK up to a value of £X and one night’s accommodation on 24 November in Glasgow on 24 November 2020.
- The prize is subject to further terms and conditions which will be confirmed when the prize is awarded.
- The prize is non-transferable. No cash alternative will be offered.
6. How do you know if you have won?
- We will notify the winner by 3 January 2020 via social media.
- We will attempt to contact the winner up to a maximum of 3 times.
- We will need the winner to accept the prize by confirming via email to email@example.com by 17 January 2020 and provide the name of your guest by 31 January 2019.
- Virgin Money reserves the right to select an alternative winner(s) using the same process but is not obliged to do so.
7. What else do you need to know?
- Your personal information will be used to administer the Competition.
- You agree that any personal information provided can be used by us to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- This may include information about other firms’ products although we will not disclose your personal information to any third party.
- You may be asked but are not under an obligation to participate in non-paid publicity.
- The winner agrees to allow Virgin Money to confirm their name and county of residence to other entrants.
- You can request the winner’s name and county of residence by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Elton John Competition, Virgin Money plc, Lindisfarne 2nd floor, Jubilee House, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE3 4PL.
- You understand and agree that you are providing your information to us and not Facebook.
- By entering this Competition, you release Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the Competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to us, not Facebook. The Competition is subject to English law.
- Events may occur which render the Competition itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond our control and, accordingly, we may in our absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and you agree that no liability shall attach to us as a result thereof.
- By accepting this prize you accept the Terms and Conditions of the venue
8. Who is the promoter?
- We are Virgin Money PLC (a trading name of Clydesdale Bank PLC)
- Our company number is SC001111
- Our registered office is at 30 St. Vincent Place, Glasgow, G1 2HL
- Facebook are not the promoter of this Competition.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Virgin Money Competition entries – Privacy Notice
Virgin Money Competition entries – Privacy Notice
This policy sets out how Virgin Money holds and uses your personal information in relation to any competitions (including prize draws and giveaways) that you enter with us.
- What information we’ll hold about you
By “information” we mean all of the personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store. The information we hold will vary according to the competition that you enter. It can include but isn’t limited to:
- Information about you and your contact details (e.g. your name, date of birth, home address, phone number and email address).
- Social media details (e.g. twitter handle) and photographs of you
- Where we collect information from
We collect information directly from you as part of the entry into our competitions and any related conversations with us on social media or through other channels.
- Why we need the information and what we use it for
Data Protection law requires us to have one or more of the following reasons for using your information:
- ‘Contract performance’ – the information needed to manage your entry into a competition.
- ‘Consent’ – in some cases we may obtain your consent to use information in a particular way e.g. to share your details on social media. Whenever ‘consent’ is the only reason for us using the information you have the right to change your mind and change or withdraw your consent.
Using your information
These are the main ways we’ll use your personal information (and the reasons for doing so):
- Administer your entry into the competition (Contract performance)
- We need your information to manage your entry into the competition and to contact you, if you are a winner, to ensure that you receive the prize. You don’t have to give us this information but without it you will be unable to enter. (Consent)
We may also use the information we hold for any other purposes that you have specifically consented to at any time (including over the phone or in our Stores) or, in some limited circumstances, when the law requires or permits us to.
- Who we share information with
When using the information we hold we may share it with other people or organisations for the purposes of fulfilling the competition.
We’ll treat the information we hold as confidential and may share information with the following who are also required to keep the information confidential, safe and secure:
- The companies within our group.
- Other companies, commercial partners, agents and professionals who provide products, services and administrative support to the companies within our group.
- Full details of the companies in our group can be found on our website at virginmoney.com/privacy.
- Anyone else with your permission.
- Using information outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We will not share your information outside the EEA.
- How long we hold information
We’ll retain information for no longer than is necessary to administer the competition and comply with anything stated in the associated terms and conditions.
- Your legal rights in relation to your information
You have the right to access the information we hold about you, ask us to rectify any of that information, erase it, restrict or object in whole or part to the processing of it. You can contact us at any time and in the normal way to discuss how Virgin Money holds and uses your information and your rights.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer for further information and to request to use these rights. A Data Protection Officer is a person who is formally appointed to ensure that an organisation is aware of and complies with its responsibilities for data protection.
You can write to our Data Protection Officer at Virgin Money plc, Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL.
Who can I complain to?
If for whatever reason you are unhappy with any way we are using your personal information you should contact us in the first instance so that we can understand your issue and try and resolve it. We may ask our Data Protection Officer to look at your situation. If we can’t resolve the issue you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. For further information visit ico.org.uk