This could be your last chance to get a place in the 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon and we’re determined to make it the Brightest Marathon yet!
We’ve got 11 guaranteed entries available and to be in with a chance of taking to the start line on the 26 April 2020 we just want to find out why you want to run this year’s Virgin Money London Marathon.
It’s the perfect target for your New Year fitness challenge, or an opportunity to tick it off your bucket list, but you need to be quick. Reply to one of our social media posts on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook to let us know why you want to run before 23:00 on 24 January to be in with a chance.
To celebrate our 11th year of sponsoring the Virgin Money London Marathon, we’re giving away 11 places for the big race…
As it’s our 11th year of sponsoring the Virgin Money @LondonMarathon, we’re giving you the chance to claim one of 11 places in the 2020 race! To be in with a chance of winning, just tell us your #ReasonToRun below. T&C’s apply: https://t.co/8KnQGwaiY2 #BrighterMarathonMoments
— Virgin Money (@VirginMoney) January 17, 2020
Fancy running the 2020 Virgin Money @LondonMarathon in April? Well, we might have the perfect competition for you! To win one of 11 places we have available, just let us know why you’d love to run the #LondonMarathon in the comments below – it’s as simple as that. There’s a link to the T&C’s in our bio. Good luck! #BrighterMarathonMoments
You can find the terms and conditions of the competition at the bottom of this page and we also need to make you aware of the following information:
- We will need you to confirm your name, email address and the firm you work for in order for us to provide the tickets.
- If you win, we’d love to announce it on Twitter. We’ll ask you for your consent to do this before we do.
- If you allow us to announce that you won the competition on Twitter, but later change your mind, we can remove the post for you. To request that, please send an email to email@example.com.
Full details of our competition entries privacy notice can also be found below.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
- We are Virgin Money PLC (a trading name of Clydesdale Bank PLC)
- Our company number is SC001111
- Our registered office is at 30 St. Vincent Place, Glasgow, G1 2HL
- Facebook are not the promoter of this Competition.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or in association with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over, excluding any of the following: employees of the Promoter or their immediate family, agents of the Promoter or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. There is no requirement to be a Virgin Money customer to enter). Internet access and a Facebook or Twitter account will be needed to enter.
How to Enter
- The Promoter will make promotional posts about the prize draw between 00:01 17th January 2019 and 23:00 24th January 2020 (the “Entry Period”) on:
• the Virgin Money Facebook page, (https://www.facebook.com/VirginMoneyUK/), Twitter page (https://twitter.com/VirginMoney, handle @VirginMoney) and/or Instagram page, (https://www.instagram.com/virginmoney/, handle @VirginMoney).
- To enter, participants must reply to our promotional posts with a comment explaining why they want to run the Virgin Money London Marathon in 2020. Participants using Facebook to submit an entry need to post their reply within the comments section of our promotional post. Participants using Twitter to submit an entry need to reply to our tweet with their reason in response to our promotional tweet. Participants must make their entries before the Entry Period ends.
- Each person can each enter the prize draw up to a maximum of three times. Participants can do this by submitting the following entries:
• 1 x entry from their Facebook account in response to our Virgin Money Facebook page promotional post, 1 x entry from their Twitter account in response to our Virgin Money Twitter account promotional post; 1 x entry from their Instagram account in response to our Virgin Money Instagram account promotional post;
- Participants don’t need to post different replies for each entry.
- All valid entries will be entered into the prize draw. 1 entry equals one place in the prize draw.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- These prize draws are free to enter for eligible entrants, no purchase is necessary. Internet access and a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account will be needed to enter.
- There will be a total of 11 prize winners. Maximum 1 prize per person. The winners will be selected by a random draw on the 24th January after the Entry Period ends.
- The winners will be contacted on 27th January. Each winner will have 2 days from the date when their winner message is sent on Facebook or Twitter to claim their prize. If any winner cannot be contacted for any reason, such as not providing valid contact details, or if they don’t claim their prize within the required timeframe, they will no longer be eligible for that prize. Another winner will be selected by a random computer generated draw, from all remaining valid entries made into that same prize draw.
- The winners will be required to provide their full name, date of birth, address and email address to claim their prizes.
- No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries or claims which, for technical or other reasons, are not entered, not entered correctly or lost, regardless of cause.
- There will be 11 winners in total for this competition.
- The winners will each win one place into the 2020 Virgin Money London Marathon, which takes place on 26th April 2020. The place cannot be deferred to future years. No travel, accommodation or other incidental expenses are included in the prizes.
- Winners will receive advance instructions from the Promoter or its agents / suppliers as to how event places should be collected. Failure to collect and present the places in accordance with those instructions may result in entry being refused.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice. In this instance the Promoter will make all reasonable endeavours to minimise the effect to participants to avoid undue disappointment.
- The prizes are as stated and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services. Unless specifically agreed in writing by the Promoter, a prize must be taken by the winner in person.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value at the choosing and discretion of the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the identity of each winner. The Promoter reserves the right to investigate any activity it believes to be of a fraudulent nature and to disqualify any participants that it believes are carrying out fraudulent activity or otherwise seeking to circumvent these Terms and Conditions.
- The winners must adhere to the terms of the Virgin Money London Marathon: https://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/general-conditions-entry/
- This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter are not responsible to entrants in respect of any aspect of this Promotion. By entering the prize draw, entrants are providing information to the Promoter and its third party associates contracted for the purpose of administering this prize draw (where identified in these Terms and Conditions) and not to Facebook or Twitter.
- Owing to exceptional circumstances outside the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend the prize draws or these Terms and Conditions at any stage and without notice, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on entrants to avoid undue disappointment. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in connection with such a decision.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of any of the prize draw, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not, in any circumstances, be responsible or liable to compensate any person in connection with the prize draw or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of the prize draw or taking up a prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Statutory rights are not affected.
- The winners may be asked but are not under an obligation to participate in non-paid publicity.
- This prize draw is governed by English law and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Competition entries privacy notice.
Competition entries privacy notice.
This policy sets out how Clydesdale Bank PLC (trading as Virgin Money holds and uses your personal information in relation to any competitions (including prize draws and giveaways) that you enter with us.
What information we’ll hold about you
By “information” we mean all of the personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store. The information we hold will vary according to the competition that you enter. It can include but isn’t limited to:
- Information about you and your contact details (e.g. your name, date of birth, home address, phone number and email address).
- Social media details (e.g. twitter handle) and photographs of you.
Where we collect information from
We collect information directly from you as part of the entry into our competitions and any related conversations with us on social media or through other channels.
Why we need the information and what we use it for
Data Protection law requires us to have one or more of the following reasons for using your information:
- ‘Contract performance’ – the information needed to manage your entry into a competition.
- ‘Consent’ – in some cases we may obtain your consent to use information in a particular way e.g. to share your details on social media. Whenever ‘consent’ is the only reason for us using the information you have the right to change your mind and change or withdraw your consent.
Using your information
These are the main ways we’ll use your personal information (and the reasons for doing so):
Administer your entry into the competition
We need your information to manage your entry into the competition and to contact you, if you are a winner, to ensure that you receive the prize. You don’t have to give us this information but without it you will be unable to enter.
We may also use the information we hold for any other purposes that you have specifically consented to at any time (including over the phone or in our Stores) or, in some limited circumstances, when the law requires or permits us to.
Who we share information with
When using the information we hold we may share it with other people or organisations for the purposes of fulfilling the competition.
We’ll treat the information we hold as confidential and may share information with the following who are also required to keep the information confidential, safe and secure:
- The companies within our group.
- Other companies, commercial partners, agents and professionals who provide products, services and administrative support to the companies within our group.
- All details of the companies in our group can be found on our website at virginmoney.com/privacy.
- Anyone else with your permission.
Using information outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We will not share your information outside the EEA.
How long we hold information
We’ll retain information for no longer than is necessary to administer the competition and comply with anything stated in the associated terms and conditions.
Your legal rights in relation to your information
You have the right to access the information we hold about you, ask us to rectify any of that information, erase it, restrict or object in whole or part to the processing of it. You can contact us at any time and in the normal way to discuss how Virgin Money holds and uses your information and your rights.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer for further information and to request to use these rights. A Data Protection Officer is a person who is formally appointed to ensure that an organisation is aware of and complies with its responsibilities for data protection.
You can write to our Data Protection Officer at Virgin Money, Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 4PL.
Who can I complain to?
If for whatever reason you are unhappy with any way we are using your personal information you should contact us in the first instance so that we can understand your issue and try and resolve it. We may ask our Data Protection Officer to look at your situation. If we can’t resolve the issue you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. For further information visit ico.org.uk