We’ve got five pairs of tickets for the Manchester United v Manchester City game at Old Trafford on 8 March (16:30 kick off) to give away to our mortgage intermediaries on Twitter.
To be in with a chance of winning, you must be registered on the Virgin Money or Clydesdale Bank intermediary panel, and:
- Follow @VirginMoneyInt on Twitter (if you are already following us that’s great!)
- Retweet the below post:
Fancy winning a pair of tickets to Man United v Man City on 8 March? We’ve got four pairs to give away exclusively to registered intermediary partners. Great partnerships bring great rewards. Just RT this post and follow @VirginMoneyInt to enter. T&Cs apply
We’ll be picking the winners at random from all the eligible retweets, and will notify the winners by Thursday 27 February 2020. You’ll need to make your own way to and from the stadium.
You can find the terms and conditions of the competition at the bottom of this page and we also need to make you aware of the following information:
- We will need you to confirm your name, email address and the firm you work for in order for us to provide the tickets.
- If you win, we’d love to announce it on Twitter. We’ll ask you for your consent to do this before we do.
- If you allow us to announce that you won the competition on Twitter, but later change your mind, we can remove the post for you. To request that, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full details of our competition entries privacy notice can also be found below.
Full terms and conditions.
Full terms and conditions.
- Who is eligible?
– Anyone who is registered on the Virgin Money or Clydesdale Bank intermediary panel.
– Anyone directly connected to the Giveaway or operation of the Giveaway cannot enter.
– Each person is limited to one pair of tickets per season in Virgin Money social media giveaways.
- What are the key dates?
– The Giveaway will open on 20 February 2020 and will close at 16:00 on Wednesday 26 February 2020 (“the entry period”).
- What will happen?
– Entry is by retweeting the competition tweet.
– Entrants must be a follower of Virgin Money’s twitter account (@VirginMoneyInt)
- How will the winner be selected?
– Winners will be chosen at random from the valid entries.
- What is the Prize?
– One pair of tickets to the Manchester United v Manchester City game on 8 March 2020.
– There are four pairs of tickets available in total.
– The tickets are non-transferable. No cash alternative will be offered.
– The tickets are subject to Manchester United’s ticket and stadium admission terms and conditions.
- How do you know if you have won?
– We will contact you to tell you that you have won via Twitter.
- What else do you need to know?
– Your personal information will be used to administer the Giveaway.
– You may be asked but are not under an obligation to participate in non-paid publicity.
– The Giveaway is subject to English law.
– Events may occur which render the Giveaway itself or the awarding of the Tickets impossible due to reasons beyond our control. Accordingly, we may in our absolute discretion vary or amend the Giveaway and you agree that no liability shall attach to us as a result thereof.
- Who is the promoter?
– We are Clydesdale Bank PLC (trading as Virgin Money).
– Registered in Scotland (Company No. SC001111).
– Our registered office is at 30 St Vincent Place, Glasgow, G1 2HL.
Competition entries privacy notice.
Competition entries privacy notice.
This policy sets out how Clydesdale Bank PLC (trading as Virgin Money holds and uses your personal information in relation to any competitions (including prize draws and giveaways) that you enter with us.
1.What information we’ll hold about you
By “information” we mean all of the personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store. The information we hold will vary according to the competition that you enter. It can include but isn’t limited to:
> Information about you and your contact details (e.g. your name, date of birth, home address, phone number and email address).
> Social media details (e.g. twitter handle) and photographs of you.
2. Where we collect information from
We collect information directly from you as part of the entry into our competitions and any related conversations with us on social media or through other channels.
3. Why we need the information and what we use it for
Data Protection law requires us to have one or more of the following reasons for using your information:
- ‘Contract performance’ – the information needed to manage your entry into a competition.
- ‘Consent’ – in some cases we may obtain your consent to use information in a particular way e.g. to share your details on social media. Whenever ‘consent’ is the only reason for us using the information you have the right to change your mind and change or withdraw your consent.
4. Using your information
These are the main ways we’ll use your personal information (and the reasons for doing so):
Administer your entry into the competition
We need your information to manage your entry into the competition and to contact you, if you are a winner, to ensure that you receive the prize. You don’t have to give us this information but without it you will be unable to enter.
We may also use the information we hold for any other purposes that you have specifically consented to at any time (including over the phone or in our Stores) or, in some limited circumstances, when the law requires or permits us to.
5. Who we share information with
When using the information we hold we may share it with other people or organisations for the purposes of fulfilling the competition.
We’ll treat the information we hold as confidential and may share information with the following who are also required to keep the information confidential, safe and secure:
> The companies within our group.
> Other companies, commercial partners, agents and professionals who provide products, services and administrative support to the companies within our group.
> All details of the companies in our group can be found on our website at virginmoney.com/privacy.
> Anyone else with your permission.
6. Using information outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We will not share your information outside the EEA.
7. How long we hold information
We’ll retain information for no longer than is necessary to administer the competition and comply with anything stated in the associated terms and conditions.
8.Your legal rights in relation to your information
You have the right to access the information we hold about you, ask us to rectify any of that information, erase it, restrict or object in whole or part to the processing of it. You can contact us at any time and in the normal way to discuss how Virgin Money holds and uses your information and your rights.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer for further information and to request to use these rights. A Data Protection Officer is a person who is formally appointed to ensure that an organisation is aware of and complies with its responsibilities for data protection.
You can write to our Data Protection Officer at:
Group Data Protection Officer, Group Risk, Level 3, 51 West George Street, Glasgow G2 2JJ.
Who can I complain to?
If for whatever reason you are unhappy with any way we are using your personal information you should contact us in the first instance so that we can understand your issue and try and resolve it. We may ask our Data Protection Officer to look at your situation. If we can’t resolve the issue you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. For further information visit ico.org.uk