- This event has passed.
London Lounges: 12 Days For Christmas
1 December, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12 December, 2017 @ 6:00 pm
From Friday 1 December, we’ll be holding a Foodbank Advent Calendar. Each day we’re suggesting some items to donate, that First Love Foundation are in desperate need of.
No one should have to face crisis alone and at Christmas it can feel even more difficult for many who are struggling.
This year, the London Lounges are supporting First Love Foundation, a foodbank and advice service that supports people facing crisis in one of the UK’s most deprived boroughs, Tower Hamlets.
Each person is given an emergency donation of food – enough for 3 days – and the help they need to resolve their crisis. But, they can’t do it without the support of the community – all their food is donated by schools, churches, individuals, businesses and at supermarket collections.
We’ve set out our collections below, but please rest assured that donations of un-perishable food items and toiletries, can be made at any time during the event and is not limited to each day’s suggestions.
- 1 December – Dried Herbs and Spices / Stuffing Mix
- 2 December – Tinned Meals e.g Meatballs in Sauce, Stews, Chilli con Carne and Curries
- 3 December – Instant mashed potato / Gravy Granules
- 4 December – Tinned Fruits / Cartons of Custard
- 5 December – Sweet Biscuits / Cereal Bars
- 6 December – Dried Fruits & Nuts / Honey
- 7 December – Tinned Vegetables
- 8 December – Instant Hot Chocolates & Malted Drinks
- 9 December – Hair Conditioner / Male and Female Deodorant
- 10 December – Small and Medium boxes of Washing Powder
- 11 December – Savoury Biscuits and Crackers
- 12 December – Washing Up Liquid
First Love Foundation is unable to accept fresh foods or items past their ‘use-by’ date, so please help us by checking this carefully before you make your donation. Thank you.
If you can’t make it to one of our Lounges, but would still like to support, you can make a cash donation via the First Love Foundation’s Virgin Money Giving page.
For a daily reminder of what we’re hoping to collect you can follow @vmlounges on twitter and if you’re a keen tweeter yourself, why not share your donation experience to the world with #loungingforgood for @firstlovefdn in @vmlounges